Saturday, July 27, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
We love Hydrangeas!
WE WANT MORE!
Here is how to propagate your favorites!
- Locate a stem of softwood between the hard, woody growth at the bottom of the plant and the fleshy green tip by bending it; softwood should snap cleanly.
- Cut a softwood shoot that has several leaves. Trim it into 5-inch-long pieces that each have a leaf toward the top.
- Remove extra leaves; then cuts the remaining leaf in half to minimize evaporation (and the need for watering).
- Dip the other end in powdered rooting hormone; plant the cuttings in trays filled with a soilless mix and perlite.
- Cover with a plastic bag, and stash in a shady location, misting regularly to keep the leaf hydrated.
- After four weeks, tug on it to check for roots; once roots are developed, transplant to a bigger pot and feed with a slow-release fertilizer. By next spring, cuttings will be ready to go in the ground.
Wyatt and Stanzie
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Monday, July 22, 2013
It all started a couple of years ago, while cleaning out the barn.
We re-visited a pair of vintage water skis that had belonged to Grandpa.
The hamster wheel in mom's head started spinning.
So, more skis were purchased at garage sales and from Craig's List.
We consulted with talented craftsman and neighbor, Arnie (There in the Hawaiian shirt).
Stop messing around Dad and let Arnie do his magic!
It is complete! We love it very much and it smells good too!
Stanzie gives it 4 paws up!
Fond family memories, forever on our front porch.
THANK YOU, ARNIE!
We ♥LOVE♥ it!
Wyatt and Family
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Our final 'Frosty Paw Travel Pack' winner was selected today by our neighbor, Aussie Dog Emma!
She's really excited about her new job.
Emma is a working dog and she likes to keep busy!
She waits for her command...
Okay Emma, Pick a Winner!
Drum roll please......
unfolding, wiping off the dog spit.....
There is a Frosty Paw Travel Pack headed your way!
Come back tomorrow and we will show you what Emma's human dad made for us!!
Thursday, July 18, 2013
A box showed up on my front porch today.
I'm pretty sure it had my name on it, so I did my best to open it up before my people came home.
Now, I'm in trouble..Mom says it is for my birthday next month and I'm not supposed to open it until August 23rd.
I really do not want to wait...I'm no good at waiting.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
One of our favorite places to go in the summer.
They sell everything you need to make your water feature or pond, the best it can be!
We took a stroll through the bamboo forest.
Stanzie thinks there must be critters living in here.
We stopped to admire the tropical lilies.
Stanzie wants a Gunnera plant!
Also known as 'Dinosaur Food'
Maybe she wants to hunt dinosaurs now...
So, we brought home a baby one and planted it!
Grow little plant, GROW!!
Wyatt and Stanzie